We have collected the best Boston marathon 2021 running quotes that will motivate you to run for good.
1. I’ve run the Boston Marathon 6 times before. I think the best aspects of the marathon are the beautiful changes of the scenery along the route and the warmth of the people’s support. I feel happier every time I enter this marathon.
– Haruki Murakami, author of What I Talk About When I Talk About Running
2. When I go to the Boston Marathon now, I have wet shoulders – women fall into my arms crying. They’re weeping for joy because running has changed their lives. They feel they can do anything.
– Kathrine Switzer, first woman to officially enter and run the Boston Marathon in 1967
3. The marathon can humble you.
- Bill Rodgers, winner of four Boston Marathons
4. I was motivated to win the Boston Marathon not only for myself but for the Portuguese people of Boston. They were with me all the way and made winning the race the nicest moment of my life.
– Roa Mota, three-time winner of Boston Marathon and Olympic gold medalist
5. The Boston Marathon is a race that has captured my heart from day one. The road from Hopkinton to Boston is technical, challenging and deserves to be respected— it’s a place where true racers thrive.
– Des Linden, 2018 Boston Marathon women’s winner
6. The race is literally 26 miles of people lining the roads thinking you are the greatest person on earth.
– Joe McFarren
7. Get going. Get up and walk if you have to, but finish the damned race.
– Ron Hill to Jerome Drayton during the 1970 Boston Marathon
8. Every serious marathoner should do Boston, to experience the close to a million spectators, the three generations of families out cheering, the little kids handing you water or orange slices. The whole city really appreciates the runners.
– Neil Weygandt, who finished 45 consecutive Boston Marathons
9. You start as a runner. You finish as a Boston Marathoner.
– Sign seen at the Boston Marathon expo
10. The Boston Marathon has had more to do with liberating and promoting women’s marathoning than any other race in the world.
– Joe Henderson, running writer
11. It was so thick with spectators you couldn’t even see how the hills went up. It was just this mass of humanity, people hanging out of trees or whatever.
– Dick Beardsley, runner-up in the 1982 Boston Marathon, on the Boston Marathon crowds
12. Wicked fast runnah
– Seen at the Boston Marathon expo
13. It’s the quintessential marathon; it challenges you the way a marathon should. Boston is the place you race if you want to learn about both your ability and your resolve.
– Des Linden
14. Take it all in as the people of Boston will carry you to the finish line whether you need help or not!
– Peter Riddle
15. I thought about how many preconceived notions would crumble when I trotted along for 26 miles.
– Bobbi Gibb, first woman to finish the Boston Marathon, 1966