According to cgjungpage “Carl Jung was one of the creators of modern depth psychology, which seeks to facilitate a conversation with the unconscious energies which move through each of us. He contributed many ideas that continue to inform contemporary life: complex, archetype, persona, shadow, anima and animus, personality typology, dream interpretation, individuation, and many other ideas. He had a deep appreciation of our creative life and considered spirituality a central part of the human journey.”
This summation of his life and work connects deeply to what Collective Evolution is all about, and shares much in common with what inspired me to create this platform in the first place. In putting together the quotes in this article, I gained an even deeper appreciation for Jung and his work, as I uncovered the conscious themes that were apparent throughout his teachings. He was clearly a deep thinker with an intimate knowledge of his inner being.
Jung also had an appreciation for astrology which, over the past few years, I’ve begun to understand more and more and see profound value in. I’m not talking about opening your daily paper and reading your generalize horoscope, however, but true astrology. Something many of us has never been properly exposed to and thus don’t understand the real meaning of or value. (Maybe we’ll have to make a short documentary on this one day!)
But enough on my own musings — onto the quotes! Here are 19 from Jung that I feel not only serve as an accurate representation of his work but also provide much to reflect on.
19 Profound Quotes By Carl Jung That Will Help You To Better Understand Yourself
1. ”One does not become enlightened by imagining figures of light but by making the darkness conscious.”Don’t hold on to someone who’s leaving, otherwise, you won’t meet the one who’s coming.”
2. “Until you make the unconscious conscious, it will direct your life and you will call it fate.”
3. “Everything that irritates us about others can lead us to an understanding of ourselves.”
4. “The meeting of two personalities is like the contact of two chemical substances: if there is any reaction, both are transformed.”
5. “I am not what happened to me, I am what I choose to become.”
6. “Knowing your own darkness is the best method for dealing with the darknesses of other people.”
7. “f you are a gifted person, it doesn’t mean that you gained something. It means you have something to give back.”
8. “Mistakes are, after all, the foundations of truth, and if a man does not know what a thing is, it is at least an increase in knowledge if he knows what it is not.”
9. “Your visions will become clear only when you can look into your own heart. Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakes.”
10. “People will do anything, no matter how absurd, to avoid facing their own souls.”
11. “Loneliness does not come from having no people around, but from being unable to communicate the things that seem important to oneself, or from holding certain views which others find inadmissible.”