Chanakya, (350-275 BCE) was an Indian statesman and philosopher, chief advisor and Prime Minister of the Indian Emperor Chandragupta, the first ruler of the Mauryan Empire.
He was famous for his brutal wisdom and telling things as they truly are.
The following quotations by Chanakya made me a better person just by reading them!
15 Quotes by Chanakya:
1. “A person should not be too honest. Straight trees are cut first and honest people are screwed first.”
2. “The fragrance of flowers spreads only in the direction of the wind. But the goodness of a person spreads in all directions.”
3. “God is not present in idols. Your feelings are your God. Your soul is your temple.”
4. “A man is great by deeds, not by birth.”
5. “Never make friends with people who are above or below you in status. Such friendships will never give you any happiness.”
6. “Treat your kid like a darling for the first five years. For the next five years, scold them. By the time they turn 16, treat them like a friend. Your grown up children are your best friends.”
7. “Learn from the mistakes of others… You can’t live long enough to make them all yourself.”
8. “Education is your best friend. An educated person is respected everywhere. Education beats the beauty and the youth.”
9. “Even if a snake is not poisonous, it should pretend to be venomous.”
10. “There is some self-interest behind every friendship without self-interest. This is the bitter truth.”
11. “Before you start some work, always ask yourself three questions: Why am I doing it, What the results might be, and Will I be successful? Only when you think deeply and find satisfactory answers to these questions, go ahead.”
12. “As soon as the fear approaches near, attack and destroy it.”
13. “The world’s biggest power is the youth and beauty of a woman.”
14. “The biggest guru-mantra: never share your secrets with anybody. It will destroy you.”
15. “Once you start working on something, don’t be afraid of failure and don’t abandon it. People who work sincerely are the happiest.”
Read More – 12 Quotes That Inspire You to Follow Your Dreams