It is really up to us to find our innate freedom no matter how the society we live in. We all should know the importance of self-expression. When we discover ourselves in the process, we learn to acknowledge the very factors that highlight our individuality.
Here are the top 29 society quotes that will help you in finding your individuality.
1. Society exists only as a mental concept; in the real world there are only individuals.
– Oscar Wilde
2. If society fits you comfortably enough, you call it freedom.
– Robert Frost
3. A society that has more justice is a society that needs less charity.
– Ralph Nader
4. Society does not consist of individuals, but expresses the sum of interrelations, the relations within which these individuals stand.
– Karl Marx
5. The first principle of a free society is an untrammeled flow of words in an open forum.
– Adlai Stevenson
6. All that is valuable in human society depends upon the opportunity for development accorded the individual.
– Albert Einstein
7. The great hope of society is in individual character.
– William Ellery Channing
8. Some people strengthen the society just by being the kind of people they are.
– John W. Gardner
9. We’ve turned into a whining society.
– Billy Corgan
10. People can do whatever they want. It’s when they conform to society that they restrict themselves.
– Erin Pracht
11. Human societies, like human beings, live by faith and die when faith dies.
– Whittaker Chambers
12. Sane is the insanity most call normality put forth by society.
– Erik Till
13. No man can have society upon his own terms. If he seek it, he must serve it too.
– Ralph Waldo Emerson
14. The sign of a good society is where talent is respected.
– Irrfan Khan
15. The opposite of courage in our society is not cowardice, it is conformity.
– Rollo May
16. Society expresses its sympathy for the geniuses of the past to distract attention from the fact that it has no intention of being sympathetic to the geniuses of the present.
– Celia Green
17. The most dangerous creation of any society is the man who has nothing to lose.
– James Baldwin
18. The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.
– George Orwell
19. In an industrial society which confuses work and productivity, the necessity of producing has always been an enemy of the desire to create. – Raoul Vaneigem
20. The whole system of society tells you what to do.
– Barry White
21. Art, freedom and creativity will change society faster than politics.
– Victor Pinchuk
22. Today’s society will ignore almost any form of public behavior except getting in the express line with two extra items.
– Paul Sweeney
23. An ‘ideal society’ would be the graveyard of human greatness.
– Nicolas Gomez Davila
24. A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in.
– Greek Proverb
25. No one can live entirely on their own, nor can any country or society exist in isolation.
– Daisaku Ikeda
26. The enemy of society is middle class and the enemy of life is middle age.
– Orson Welles
27. If a free society cannot help the many who are poor, it cannot save the few who are rich.
– John F. Kennedy
28. Society is like a stew. If you don’t stir it up every once in a while then a layer of scum floats to the top.
– Edward Abbey
29. We call it a Society; and go about professing openly the totalest separation, isolation. Our life is not a mutual helpfulness; but rather, cloaked under due laws-of-war, named fair competition and so forth, it is a mutual hostility.
– Thomas Carlyle
Share these Society Quotes with friends and family.