We have collected top pet quotes for every pet lover
Here are the best pet quotes
1. Pets have more love and compassion in them than most humans – Robert Wagner
2. Actually, my dog I think is the only person who consistently loves me all the time. – H. G. Bissinger
3. Any glimpse into the life of an animal quickens our own and makes it so much the larger and better in every way. – John Muir
4. I have felt cats rubbing their faces against mine and touching my cheek with claws carefully sheathed. These things, to me, are expressions of love. – James Herriot
5. Pets are like infants that never grow up. Forever children. We love them for that. – Anonymous
6. Pets reflect you like mirrors. When you are happy, you can see your dog smiling and when you are sad, your cat cries. – Munia Khan
7. When we adopt a dog or any pet, we know it is going to end with us having to say goodbye, but we still do it. And we do it for a very good reason: They bring so much joy and optimism and happiness. They attack every moment of every day with that attitude. – W. Bruce Cameron
8. Dogs have a way of finding the people who need them, and filling the emptiness we didn’t ever know we had. – Thom Jones
9. If having a soul means being able to feel love and loyalty and gratitude, then animals are better off than a lot of humans. – James Herriot
10. Dogs are our link to paradise. They don’t know evil or jealousy or discontent. – Milan Kundera
11. Before you get a dog, you can’t quite imagine what living with one might be like; afterward, you can’t imagine living any other way. – Caroline Knapp
12. Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole. – Roger Caras
13. I love women, but I feel like you can’t trust some of them. Some of them are liars, you know? Like I was in the park and I met this girl, she was cute and she had a dog. And I went up to her, we started talking. She told me her dog’s name. Then I said, ‘Does he bite?’ She said, ‘No.’ And I said, ‘Oh yeah? Then how does he eat?’ Liar. – Demetri Martin
14. Animals are sentient, intelligent, perceptive, funny and entertaining. We owe them a duty of care as we do to children. – Michael Morpurgo
15. He who is cruel to animals becomes hard also in his dealings with men. We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals. – Immanuel Kant
16. Cats have it all – admiration, an endless sleep, and company only when they want it.
– Rod McKuen
17. Animals are such agreeable friends – they ask no questions; they pass no criticisms.
– George Eliot
18. There’s a saying. If you want someone to love you forever, buy a dog, feed it and keep it around. – Dick Dale
19. Like all pure creatures, cats are practical. – William S. Burroughs
20. The average dog is a nicer person than the average person. – Andy Rooney
21. I love cats because I enjoy my home; and little by little, they become its visible soul.
– Jean Cocteau
22. For many people who are so lost in their minds, so much involved in their thought processes, the only moments they have when they are not trapped in that is when they are relating to their animal, their pet. – Eckhart Tolle
23. Animals have a much better attitude to life and death than we do. They know when their time has come. We are the ones that suffer when they pass, but it’s a healing kind of grief that enables us to deal with other griefs that are not so easy to grab hold of. – Emmylou Harris
24. Until one has loved an animal, a part of one’s soul remains unawakened. – Anatole France
25. There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face. – Bernard Williams
26. No one appreciates the very special genius of your conversation as the dog does.
– Christopher Morley
27. There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. – Albert Schweitzer
28. I believe cats to be spirits come to earth. A cat, I am sure, could walk on a cloud without coming through. – Jules Verne
29. Perhaps it is because cats do not live by human patterns, do not fit themselves into prescribed behavior, that they are so united to creative people. – Andre Norton
30. It is much easier to show compassion to animals. They are never wicked. – Haile Selassie
31. It’s difficult to understand why people don’t realize that pets are gifts to mankind. – Linda Blair
32. I have a pet lizard named Puff, five goldfish – named Pinky, Brain, Jowels, Pearl and Sandy, an Oscar fish named Chef, two pacus, an albino African frog named Whitey, a bonsai tree, four Venus flytraps, a fruit fly farm, and sea monkeys. – Chris Pratt
33. You cannot share your life with a dog…or a cat, and not know perfectly well that animals have personalities and minds and feelings. – Jane Goodall
34. If a dog will not come to you after having looked you in the face, you should go home and examine your conscience. – Woodrow Wilson
35. Teach your children how to behave with animals. Adopt a pet. Don’t go buy one. Please. That’s a sin. Let’s get these puppy mills out of business. – Shelley Morrison
36. Animals are reliable, many full of love, true in their affections, predictable in their actions, grateful and loyal. Difficult standards for people to live up to. – Alfred A. Montapert
37. Pets are humanizing. They remind us we have an obligation and responsibility to preserve and nurture and care for all life. – James Cromwell
38. I think having an animal in your life makes you a better human. – Rachael Ray
39. Pets bring vital energy to our homes and lives. Pets communicate many messages about love and connection. Care tenderly for all pets throughout their precious lives. The interspecies dance of love softens and expands the heart. – Laura Staley
40. Dogs are the best example of a being who doesn’t need to lie to protect someone’s pride.
– Ammiel Josiah Monterde
Share these pet quotes with dog or cat lover or any pet lover.