Looking for some inspiring words from one of the great leaders, We have collected top Nelson Mandela quotes that will surely inspire and motivate you.
Quotes To Celebrate Nelson Mandela International Day 2022
1. A fundamental concern for others in our individual and community lives would go a long way in making the world the better place we so passionately dreamt of.
2. Resentment is like drinking poison and then hoping it will kill your enemies.
3. A critical, independent and investigative press is the lifeblood of any democracy. The press must be free from state interference. It must have the economic strength to stand up to the blandishments of government officials. It must have sufficient independence from vested interests to be bold and inquiring without fear or favour. It must enjoy the protection of the constitution, so that it can protect our rights as citizens.
4. Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.
5. Lead from the back – and let others believe they are in front.
6. I like friends who have independent minds because they tend to make you see problems from all angles.
7. It is not our diversity which divides us; it is not our ethnicity, or religion or culture that divides us. Since we have achieved our freedom, there can only be one division amongst us: between those who cherish democracy and those who do not.
8. For to be free is not merely to cast off one’s chains, but to live in a way that respects and enhances the freedom of others.
9. Real leaders must be ready to sacrifice all for the freedom of their people.
10. Many people in this country have paid the price before me and many will pay the price after me.
11. Money won’t create success, the freedom to make it will.
12. It always seems impossible until it’s done.
13. I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear.
14. No one is born hating another person because of the colour of his skin, or his background, or his religion. People must learn to hate, and if they can learn to hate, they can be taught to love, for love comes more naturally to the human heart than its opposite.
15. It is in the character of growth that we should learn from both pleasant and unpleasant experiences.
16. Do not judge me by my successes, judge me by how many times I fell down and got back up again.
17. Everyone can rise above their circumstances and achieve success if they are dedicated to and passionate about what they do.
18. We must use time wisely and forever realize that the time is always ripe to do right.
19. I am fundamentally an optimist. Part of being optimistic is keeping one’s head pointed toward the sun, one’s feet moving forward. There were many dark moments when my faith in humanity was sorely tested, but I would not and could not give myself up to despair. That way lays defeat and death.
20. What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead.