We have collected world refugee day quotes to share with your friends and family.
1. A refugee is someone who survived and who can create the future. – Amela Koluder
2. No one puts their children in a boat unless the water is safer than the land. – Warsan Shire
3. Refugees are mothers, fathers, sisters, brothers, children, with the same hopes and ambitions as us–except that a twist of fate has bound their lives to a global refugee crisis on an unprecedented scale – Khaled Hosseini
4. A lasting solution, the possibility to begin a new life, is the only dignified solution for the refugee himself. – Poul Hartling
5. The world will not be destroyed by those who do evil, but by those who watch them without doing anything. – Albert Einstein
6. No one leaves home unless home is the mouth of a shark. – Warsan Shire
7. It is the obligation of every person born in a safer room to open the door when someone in danger knocks – Dina Nayeri
8. Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere. – Martin Luther King Jr.
9. But if the world measures a refugee according to the worst story, we will always excuse human suffering, saying it is not yet as bad as someone else’s. – Victoria Armour-Hileman
10. Refugees are not terrorists. They are often the first victims of terrorism. – António Manuel de Oliveira Guterres
11. Refugees didn’t just escape a place. They had to escape a thousand memories until they’d put enough time and distance between them and their misery to wake to a better day – Nadia Hashimi
12. Refugees didn’t just escape a place. They had to escape a thousand memories until they’d put enough time and distance between them and their misery to wake to a better day – Nadia Hashimi
13. You have never experienced real suffering until you’ve been forced to flee the warmth of your home in order to keep on living.
14. We have a legal and moral obligation to protect people fleeing bombs, bullets, and tyrants, and throughout history, those people have enriched our society. – Juliet Stevenson
World Refugee Day Slogans
- Together we unite, and Together we stand.
- 1 family torn apart by war is too many.
- Migrants and Refugees: Towards a Better World.
- With courage let us all combine.
- Take 1 minute to support a family forced to flee.