Are You In A Relationship With A Narcissist?
Narcissists have a grandiose sense of self-importance and entitlement, crave admiration and attention. This quiz will shed insight on your relationships with them, whether they are coworkers, friends, or family members, and how to step into your personal power in that relationship.
|1. Does the person act as if life revolves around him or her?||Yes||No|
|2. Do I have to compliment him or her to get his or her attention or approval?||Yes||No|
|3. Does he or she constantly steer the conversation back to himself/herself?||Yes||No|
|4. Does he or she downplay my feelings or interests?||Yes||No|
|5. If I disagree, does he or she become cold or withholding?||Yes||No|
How to interpret this quiz
- If you had 0 yeses – It’s unlikely that you’re involved with a narcissist
- If you had 1 yes – Even answering yes to one question is a red flag indicating potential narcissism. It is healthy to address the issue with the person–for instance not feeling listened to–in order to resolve it. In a relationship it’s important that you feel heard and respected.
- If you had 2 yeses – This person has some narcissistic tendencies. Your emotional freedom is somewhat compromised by his or her self-centeredness.
- If you had 3 yeses – You are in a relationship with someone who has moderate narcissistic tendencies. This starts to take a toll on your intimacy. Beware of trying to win their love and attention or making your self-worth dependent on them.”,
- If you had 4 yeses – You are in a relationship with someone with definite narcissistic traits. Everything is “all about them.” Keep your expectations realistic. Enjoy their good qualities, but look for your nurturing from people who can reciprocate.”,
If you had 5 yeses – You are in a relationship with a narcissist. Do not marry this person! He or she has a limited capacity for empathy and unconditional love.
If the relationship is unavoidable, lower your expectations. To successfully communicate, you must show how something will be to their benefit, as tedious as that ego stroking is.
This quiz is excerpted from
by Judith Orloff MD
Read more :
8 Things A Narcissist Cannot Do For Anyone