Practicing self-care is more important than anything. Here are some best quotes that will inspire you to take care of yourself.
1. You know what? Especially with women, we are usually the caretakers of everyone except for ourselves. If I don’t take care of myself and I’m taking care of my daughter or my husband or whatever — I’m running on fumes. I have nothing left to give. Nothing. But when I take the time to take care of myself, to go to the doctor, go to a spa, get a deep-tissue massage, get adjusted by chiropractor … I feel like I can face life with a renewed vigor and renewed passion.
— Viola Davis, actress and producer
2. My brain and my heart are really important to me, I don’t know why I wouldn’t seek help to have those things be as healthy as my teeth. I go to the dentist. So why wouldn’t I go to a shrink?
— Kerry Washington, actress
3. Lighten up on yourself. No one is perfect. Gently accept your humanness.
— Deborah Day, author
4. When you can’t find your purpose in a day, make it to look after yourself.
― Dodie Clark, singer-songwriter
5. After adding everyone’s schedule on the calendar, I make sure that every day I have some sacred time for myself, so I can recharge. I noticed every time I felt overwhelmed I would hold my breath. I had to learn to stop, relax and take long deep breaths and within seconds I would feel more clear and ready to deal with the situation in a more loving way.
— Gisele Bündchen, model, actress, and environmentalist
6. Talk to yourself like you would to someone you love.
— Dr. Brené Brown, a research professor at the University of Houston Graduate College of Social Work
7. I always give myself Sundays as a spiritual base of renewal—a day when I do absolutely nothing. I sit in my jammies or take a walk, and I allow myself time to BE—capital B-E—with myself.
— Oprah Winfrey, media executive, talk show host, TV producer, and businesswoman
8. We have to care about our bodies and what we put in them. Women have to take the time to focus on our mental health — take time for self, for the spiritual, without feeling guilty or selfish. The world will see you the way you see you, and treat you the way you treat yourself.
— Beyoncé Knowles, singer, songwriter, actress, and activist
9. Knowing how to be solitary is central to the art of loving. When we can be alone, we can be with others without using them as a means of escape.
— bell hooks, author, professor, feminist, and activist
10. It is so important to take care of yourself. I drink a lot of water, eat mostly fresh fruit and vegetables, and do yoga once a week and go hiking every chance that I get. It is so important to take time for yourself and find clarity. The most important relationship is the one you have with yourself.
— Diane von Furstenberg, fashion designer