Good Friday will be celebrating before Easter Sunday on 2nd April 2021. This is one of the most important Holy Week for Christians. On this day, people around the world get together with their friends and family to greet their near and dear ones with Good Friday wishes.
Here are Good Friday Quotes
1. Good Friday marks the slaying of our Jesus, The unblemished lamb, the perfect sacrifice. He took our guilt and blamed upon Himself.”
2. I believe in person to person. Every person is Christ to me, and since there is only one Jesus, that person is the one person in the world at that moment.
3. Stoning prophets and erecting churches to their memory afterward has been the way of the world through the ages. Today we worship Christ, but the Christ in the flesh we crucified.
– Mahatma Gandhi
4. What is good about Good Friday? Why isn’t it called Bad Friday? Because out of the appallingly bad came what was inexpressibly good. And the good trumps the bad, because though the bad was temporary, the good is eternal.
5. No pain, no palm; no thorns, no throne; no gall, no glory; no cross, no crown.
6. Our Lord has written the promise of the resurrection, not in books alone but in every leaf in springtime.
– Martin Luther
7. Death is the justification of all the ways of the Christian, the last end of all his sacrifices, the touch of the Great Master which completes the picture.
-Madame Anne Sophie Swetchine
8. A man who was completely innocent offered himself as a sacrifice for the good of others, including his enemies, and became the ransom of the world. It was a perfect act.
9. Good Friday is not about us trying to get right with God. It is about us entering the difference between God and humanity and just touching it for a moment. Touching the shimmering sadness of humanity’s insistence that we can be our own gods, that we can be pure and all-powerful.
10. Unless there is a Good Friday in your life, there can be no Easter Sunday.
-Fulton J. Sheen
11. Good Friday is the mirror held up by Jesus so that we can see ourselves in all our stark reality, and then it turns us to that cross and to his eyes and we hear these words, Father forgive them for they know not what they do. That’s us!
-Robert G. Trache
12. The marvel of heaven and earth, of time and eternity, is the atoning death of Jesus Christ. This is the mystery that brings more glory to God than all creation.
-C. H. Spurgeon
13. Christ has not only spoken to us by his life but has also spoken for us by his death.
14. Good Friday marks the slaying of our Jesus. The unblemished lamb, the perfect sacrifice. He took our guilt and blame upon Himself so we could be with Him in paradise.