Do you currently feel something off about your relationship? Is your partner behaving a bit strange with you?
Do you consider infidelity on your partner’s part? If you are distantly worrying about being the victim of infidelity, you are at the right place.
Loyalty is nothing but an undocumented urge to stay sticking to the promises you made to your partner. But for varied reasons, a person often gets tempted to cheat. Interestingly, when the affair comes out in the public, we realise, that the signs of cheating were glaring at us all along. We just couldn’t put a finger on it.
How can one be sure if they are a victim of infidelity ?
Is lying or cheating in a relationship only about sleeping around with some else?
Sometimes it’s not really easy to figure out if your partner is cheating on you or not. “Since cheating is cloaked in secrecy, the person is doing their best not to arouse suspicion in their partner,” says licensed marriage and family therapist Lesli Doares, “The cheater’s goal is to not get caught and then have to deal with the consequences. They strive to make everything appear normal.”
It is never okay to be cheated by the one you have invested so much time and love on. And it’s more about the emotional trauma that you may go through after finding out that your partner is cheating on you.
Given below are 5 of the subtle signs to help you figure out if your partner might be cheating on you and not make an emotional fool out of yourself:
1. Less connectivity.
Communication is the most crucial thread that holds a relationship together but what happens when your partner is least interested in conversing to you?
It becomes suffocating for the one who wants to stay in the relationship and wants to make things work, but the other one shows no efforts in return, that’s when you have to understand that something is not quite right and things may culminate to difficult heights.
Your partner who use to wake you up with ‘good morning’ texts, would often miss you, desperately wanted to spend hours talking to you without getting bored, has now nothing to talk to you about.
Some cheaters are great at simultaneously handling multiple relationships, one with you and the another with the ‘other person’. With these people, identifying the signs become a bit difficult. Look for subtle change in their body language.
If you are having face-to face conversation with them you might look for the following signs in their body language:
- They fidget with their phone – typing, scrolling or staring fixedly at the phone screen, while you speak.
- Complete absence of or reduced response to your words showing disinterest in continuing the conversation with you. (typically using one word responses like ‘hmm’, ‘okay’, ‘yes’, ‘fine’ etc.)
- Constantly shifting attention from you to other things around, even when you are speaking of something significant.
- Actions like scratching head, shaking legs, sitting cross legged, or cross-armed – all of which are expressions of boredom, disinterest, frustration and restlessness.
- Complete absence of or broken eye-contact.
- Reduced physical proximity.
- Exit body language – feet pointed away from you, the body turned away from you.
All of these behaviors are characteristic of reduced emotional intimacy and connectivity. Detachment that springs all of a sudden is a sign that shows your partner is no more into you.